Susan Mitchell, PhD, RDN, LDN, FAND
Dr. Susan is host and producer of the podcasts Breaking Down Nutrition: Your Digest for What Works, What Doesn’t and Beyond Bariatric Surgery: Everything You Need to Move On. From interviews with national talk radio personalities like Sean Hannity and consumer warrior Clark Howard to 19 years on the radio airwaves in Orlando, Dr. Susan is known for her straight talk about nutrition, food, and fitness.
Today’s Dietitian RD Lounge named Breaking Down Nutrition one of the best RD-Run podcasts
US News & World Report listed Breaking Down Nutrition as one of 10 nutrition podcasts to add to your playlist
Today’s Dietitian, RD Lounge listed both Susan Mitchell and Regina Ragone as RDs to watch in 2017
- Blogs for Stone Soup
- Award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist; received the 2015 Media Award from the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Distinguished Dietitian also for the Florida Academy
- Orlando and nationwide radio experience
- Voiceovers for clients
- Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- PhD from the University of Tennessee…Go Vols!
- Served as nutrition expert/consultant to Target, GlaxoSmithKlein and a wide variety of food companies, PR firms and associations
- Member of the Health Advisory Board for Family Circle magazine
- Serves on the Advisory Committee for the University of North Florida Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Co-author along with Dr. Catherine Christie of three books: Fat is Not Your Fate (Simon & Schuster), I’d Kill for a Cookie (Penguin Putnam) , and Eat to Stay Young (Kensington).
- Contributing author to Macmillan Reference USA’s Nutrition & Well-Being A to Z
Distinguishing her from other consultants, Dr. Susan can give a dynamic presentation to 5 or 5000 or conduct a successful media tour/event while being part of the digital conversation and amplifying your social media strategy. Her expert knowledge along with her friendly, engaging and entertaining style combine to make the perfect combination for your projects.